Monday, November 30, 2015

Ever Bilena Concealer Stick Review

Hi guys! this is gonna be my very first makeup review. For my very first makeup review I wanted to feature a local product, I chose the brand Ever Bilena because every Filipina knows this brand, its probably the most famous local brand.

Today I'll be reviewing Ever Bilena's Concealer Stick. Last week I went shopping with my best friend for cosmetics and stopped by the Ever Bilena counter. I wanted to pick up a concealer since I already finished my Ever Bilena Advanced Studio Finish Stick Foundation. When I first saw the packaging I immediately thought that it was the perfect size for my makeup bag, it was small and compact.




I'm in the shade Medium

They didn't have testers in the counter so I just chose the shade Medium to be safe. Fortunately it was the right shade for me.



Swatch

I honestly had high expectations from this product since I like most of EB's face products. unfortunately this disappointed me. 
The coverage of this concealer was quite poor. I have foundations with better coverage. It did not cover my dark under eye circles nor my blemishes.
I wouldn't be so harsh on it if it was a foundation, but considering it is in fact a concealer I expected some coverage power from it.



without concealer
with concealer
Next thing I hate about it is the scent. SERIOUSLY! what did they put in this thing? it smells like those cooling ointments, when I first smelled it I thought it would have that cooling effect, unfortunately it doesn't. I just couldn't stand the scent of this. You could actually smell it whilst applying it.

OVERALL 

PROS
-Affordable (150php)
-Creamy
-Easy to blend
-Sturdy packaging
-Small and compact, fits perfectly in makeup bags
CONS
-It tends to go cakey on oily skin
-poor staying power
-creases under my eyes
-lightens my dark circles, but definitely not conceal them
-overbearing scent

The pros equals the amount of the cons, however the weight of the cons, for me atleast, is far more greater.


I'd give this a 2/5 points
❤️‍❤️‍
Would I repurchase this product? I doubt that I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment