Monday, November 30, 2015

ANDROMEDA!!!

My blockmate asked me to pair up with him on this plate, I didnt mind, I mean he was probably one of my favourite people in the block, not to mention he's gay. So probably he'll have tons of fabulous ideas!
makeup by yours truly :)

We were tasked to create a movie poster of any genre. I looked up for a fierce photo of a catwoman cosplay. It was of a girl donned in a catwoman costume squatting with one of her legs stretched out,  a top a building over looking the skyline. As soon a he saw my inspiration picture we both fell in love with the concept of fierce and powerful. 
hence Andromeda warriors! 

A little background on how we decided on the theme and the title of the movie poster we did.
not many knows about this but I'm actually a huge DC fan, I use to watch Teen Titans and Justice League a lot growing up and recently I've been really in to the Red hood and the outlaws (which I may say heavily inspired the outcome). So naturally I wanted to do something related to the heroes of DCu and my favourite female character happened to be starfire aka Koriand'r, The alien princess of joy. Of course I wanted to be an alien, an all powerful and fierce alien.
Red hood and the outlaws
Starfire

As for my partner, I remember during our first year of college I saw him drew starfire for one of our plates(I drew spiderwoan, though I'm not really into Marvel I decided she was pretty easy to do), right then and there I knew he was fabulous. At first we were going for a The joker and Harley Quinn type of pairing. but we had to be original with the characters. plus joker and Harley are lovers....that would be pretty awkward to do...
So we both settled being warriors, alien warriors defending our planet, Andromeda...
why Andromeda you asked??
simple, we were looking for galactic names that sounds fierce, and we both fell in love with andromeda... simple as that.
I mean it is a pretty fierce name don't you think?
hehehe

As for the editing...this was probably my first time doing photo-manipulation!!! I was experimenting the sh*t out of our plate... there was so much I didnt know about photoshop it hurt my brain!
our prof just taught us the basics of photoshop like literally the pentool, the lasso, the liquify and the hue and saturation thingy....

anyways I also edited a solo...
cause I think it'll look good as a solo :P



No comments:

Post a Comment